October 2, 2010

Classic French

I was at a friends house today enjoying the sun shine, the fresh air and also a glass of wine out on the outdoor patio. The coming of fall.... it was reminding me of France. Fall is I think the best time to visit France because, like certain parts of the United States, it's ideal for walking about and enjoying the colorful autumn leaves. My favorite areas are Strasbourg, the Loire Valley, or Mountsegur (the later actually the best for fall in my opinion). With all this I was thinking: Pierre Deux.

If you're not familiar with Pierre Deux, it's such classic french country. You just can't go wrong. Perusing the website, I found new things as well as some old favourites:

From the Grand Salon collection, this is just gorgeous. Teildras Gold Wall paper. It's so versatile, so many colors in it. It can be paired with most anything.


Bureau bente, or a slant-top writing desk... this one is fashioned after one from the home of Madame Hedwidge Cointreau de Bouteville (the President and Creative Director of Pierre Deux). I can see myself writing a traditional note as well as checking out my iPad doing online banking and writing emails.


I love these new green glass candle sticks. I would french wire one for a lamp or just gather a bunch of them. They're so great for all-year round... and the color is perfect to use for Christmas too.


I'm totally in love with this new fabric called Bijou. This is the red, but it comes in different colorways. So fantastic.. it's a small, but great print. Perfect for anything.... especially reminding me of this perfect beginning-0f-fall day.