July 6, 2010

We're back...

Hi everyone. The economy has played such a part in Design Guy University. Each and every time a schedule was released, there were so few participants, that I decided to pause. That will change in September. I'm planning a fall schedule that will knock you out that you'll want to sign up right away!

In addition, I'm planning another field trip for those who want to go again to the Merchandise Mart to the new showrooms and the new Dream House on display. Also, a trip to NY at Christmas is in the works along with a trip to the new Las Vegas Showroom in the Spring.

This long hiatus has taken me to both coasts, up north, and most recently ... to Europe. I've been temporarily in charge of an arts technology entity where I've learned a lot, designed some fabric that was published, and have been finishing up some spectacular work that I'll reveal as photos are available. I'm also honored to be answering interior design questions from the Post Dispatch in the Lifestyles section on a regular basis. It's so fun and really an extension of what I'm doing with the blog.

Also, I have a new location. Some of you know that Tjaden Interiors was located on the corner of McPherson and Walton in the Central West End. Well, I've moved up closer to Euclid alongside Halbert Rug Gallery. The change is great and I'm sandwiched in between two galleries: William Shearburn and Duane Reed.

Being a designer is who I am, what I should be... and to share that experience with you once again is a thrill that I am looking forward to do.