December 1, 2010

Bead Brilliance

Kim Seybert with her dog, Sophie
(photo from Diane James Home)

Always looking for that fresh way to dress up a table setting, I often go to Neiman Marcus. They always have the right thing. This time I met up with Jamie Thurston, the Galleries manager of the St. Louis store, and we looked at Kim Seybert's new line.

Table settings used to be predictable, conservative and traditional... well.. not so much now thanks to Kim. Branded as "Designer Lifestyle Accessories" on her website, the uncompromising detail and craftsmanship of her product line coupled with great designs leave the competition under the table... leaving hers on top for everyone to enjoy!

In fact, Kim Seybert will be at Neiman Marcus Dec. 8th at 10:30 am. for brunch. She will be doing a presention on holiday table setting. Everyone should go! I hope to be there to meet her!

I love these Oval Bead Burst napkin rings. It's like fireworks right there on your table.

The close up of the Oval Bead Burst napkin ring shows the detail... unmatched anywhere else.

This is my favorite. Used for a non-traditional table for the holidays or even for a glamorous New Years, this paisley beaded Cher placemat is like no other. I used the greek key napkin with the Spider beaded napkin ring Kim designed.

Check out the detail. All handmade.

I love the beaded frames used to enhance the look when a plate is placed atop. The napkins are beautifully embroidered. The Sprig Napkin Ring is from the holiday collection.

Here I used one of her napkins and a Gum Drop Napkin Ring. The plates? I chose Vietri china made in Italy... the perfect thing for casual or formal dining.

Stay tuned... more fun holiday factoids, history, and cameo appearances by special guests this holiday season!!