November 28, 2010

Holiday Greetings...

It's been a whirlwind of client and personal projects since my last posting on the 8th of November... where does the time go? Can you believe Thanksgiving has come and gone already? It's December 1st and I'm still full from that Thanksgiving meal... how about you?

Right before Thanksgiving I finished decorating a large house for some clients that I've been working with for the past 8 years and I'm so excited to share these photos with you...

Over 8' long, this mantle shows the Three Wiseman on their journey. It is decorated with glittered pinecones, gold branches and berries.

This is probably my favorite arrangement. A white container, bought specifically to reflect the texture of the white pinecones nestled in the mantle greenery, holds green apple sprays, winter flocked greenery, winterberries and white amaryllis.

This 24' foot tree steals the show. Containing 4000 lights, the tree takes 3 days to completely decorate and a few days to assemble. Decorated from the balcony first and turned as necessary, it is pulled to the center of this archway and finished with ladders.

Think the tree skirt is too small? You're right. What I'm not showing which arrived later are nine, large poinsettias which surround the base of the tree.

Stay tuned as I'm having some friends come and visit Design Guy University and share the holiday season with us. Some of them you'll recognize, some you'll want to know more about. All of them you'll love... just like I do. Keep tuned as my friends share the holidays with you.

Happy Holidays.
Scott