July 20, 2008

Wallpaper

Carly Margolis and Ophir Tanz, lifelong friends, started Canyon Home, a collection of wall covering. It speaks to nature, but has that modern sensibility. Each roll is hand-silkscreened and come in a variety of colors. I love their stuff and wanted to share a few pictures with you. Each roll is 15 feet by 27 inches and costs $155/roll. (They do have a two-roll minimum order, for wallpaper).

Carly and Ophir have been featured in Traditional Home, California Home + Design, Domino, Teen People, and other magazines. I love some of the patterns because it reminds me of one of my favorite designers, Mr. David Hicks. (And, wow... Lance Armstrong is photographed with that great green wall paper in the background)

This year they came out with a line that’s more geometric, but also integrates children’s drawings from Peru. I’m into what I call “Social Conscious Design”, a term I coined to categorize hand-made products or art where the proceeds go back to the country, or person(s), of origin. This wallpaper line helps Casa de Milagros, an orphanage in Peru. (see last photo)

I hope you love these designs as much as I do!