January 22, 2012

In with the New.

Chinese Dragon watch from Swiss watchmaker Jaquet Droz.

I always wanted to ride a dragon myself, so I decided to do this for a year in my imagination. —Cornelia Funke, German illustrator.

Chinese New Year (or Spring Festival as it's translated) is based on the first day of the first month of Chinese lunisolar calendar. It's filled with tradition... at least 15 days of them... filled with food, passing of red envelopes of money to small gifts. So as my gift to you, an assembly of dragons I personally love.

Happy New Year and a year of luck and good fortune to all of you.

Scalamandre's Chi'en Dragon in Lacquer Red, Green On Taupe.

Chiang Mai Dragon, from F.Schumacher, was derived from
a 1920's Art Deco era block print.
[wallcovering shown in Alabaster colorway]



THG's bath fixtures featuring Daum glass dragon accents.

From Gumps, a painted chinese dragon pillow.


A quick look at a Chinese vase ornamented with a dragon.
Click here to see the video featuring Gibson Antiques.
[video from www.valuemystuff.com - youtube.com]